Firefox can't be opened after you install it on a Mac - How to fix
- Revision id: 76902
- Creator: flod
- Comment: Minor nits. Note that on OS X in Italian it's always "Firefox", not "Firefox.app"
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
Apple has introduced a security change to Mac OS X 10.9.5 which causes the error message Firefox.app cannot be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed to appear when you try to install Firefox on your Mac.
Here are some steps you can take if you see this message:
Option 1 - Recommended
- Hold down the Control key while clicking on the Firefox file.
- Click in the context menu.
- Click in the following dialog window.
Option 2 - Open Firefox through the System Preferences
- Click on the Apple icon at the top left corner of your screen and open .
- Click on , then the tab.
- You'll see a message stating that the Firefox.app was blocked. Click on