Extensions (also known as add-ons) are small programs you can install to add features to Firefox. Some extensions can take control of the home page (what you see when you start Firefox, open a new window, or click the home icon in the toolbar) or the New Tab page (what you see when you open a new tab). If this happens, Firefox will ask you when you open it for the first time if that change is okay.
View and disable the extension
- Click the menu button and select . .
- Click Home.
- Under New Windows and Tabs, it will indicate which extension has changed your home page or New Tab page.
- Click How to set the home page. to prevent the extension from changing your home or New Tab page again. The page will change back to what you had previously set. To change your home page again, see
Remove the extension
- Click the menu button , click and select .
- Under Manage Your Extensions find the extension you want to remove.
- On the right side of the extension click the menu (three dots) and select