This article explains how to export your bookmarks to an HTML file, which can be used as a backup or for importing into another web browser.
- For instructions specific to these other browsers, see Export bookmarks to Internet Explorer, Export bookmarks to Opera and Export bookmarks to Safari.
- For instructions on moving your Firefox data to another installation of Firefox, see Moving your Firefox bookmarks and settings.
- Click the menu button to open the menu panel. Click the Library button on your toolbar. (If you don't see it, click the menu button, then click click the menu button.) Click and then click the Show All BookmarksManage Bookmarks bar at the bottom.
- In the toolbar of the Library window click the Import and Backup button
and choose from the drop-down menu.
- In the Export Bookmarks File window that opens choose a location to save the file, which is named bookmarks.html by default. The desktop is usually a good spot, but any place that is easy to remember will work.
- Click . The Export Bookmarks File window will close.
- Close the Library window.
Your bookmarks are now successfully exported from Firefox. The bookmarks HTML file you saved is now ready to be imported into another web browser.