Export Firefox bookmarks to an HTML file to back up or transfer bookmarks
This article explains how to export your bookmarks to an HTML file, which can be used as a backup or for importing into another web browser.
- For instructions specific to these other browsers, see Export bookmarks to Internet Explorer, Export bookmarks to Opera and Export bookmarks to Safari.
Click the Library button , then click . Scroll to the bottom and click .Click the Bookmarks button and select to open the Library window.
- From the toolbar on the Library window, click
and choose .
- In the Export Bookmarks File window that opens, choose a location to save the file, which is named bookmarks.html by default. The desktop is usually a good spot, but any place that is easy to remember will work.
- Click the button. The Export Bookmarks File window will close.
- Close the Library window.
Your bookmarks are now successfully exported from Firefox. The bookmarks HTML file you saved is now ready to be imported into another web browser.
Last Update: 2016-06-13