Enable and disable cookies that websites use to track your preferences
- Revision id: 27002
- Creator: Verdi
- Comment: New 160 character search summary
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: Verdi
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: Verdi
Cookies - Information that websites store on your computer are stored on your computer by websites you visit and contain information such as site preferences or login status. This article describes how to enable and disable cookies in Firefox.
How do I change Cookie settings?
To check or change your settings:
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button and then select .At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and then select .On the menu bar, click on the menu and select .At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and select .
Click the menu button and choose . .
- Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
- Check mark Accept cookies from sites to enable Cookies, and uncheck it to disable them.
- If you are troubleshooting problems with cookies, make sure Accept third party cookies is also check marked. For more information, see Disable third-party cookies in Firefox to stop some types of tracking by advertisers.
- Choose how long cookies are allowed to be stored:
- Keep until: they expire: Each cookie will be removed when it reaches its expiration date, which is set by the site that sent the cookie.
- Keep until: I close Firefox: The cookies that are stored on your computer will be removed when Firefox is closed.
- Keep until: ask me every time: Displays an alert every time a website tries to send a cookie, and asks you whether or not you want to store it.
Click to close the Options window.Click to close the Preferences window.Close the Preferences window. Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
Websites report cookie errors
If a website gives you an error message saying that you cannot accept cookies, see Websites say cookies are blocked - Unblock them.