Delete cookies to remove the information websites have stored on your computer
- Revision id: 77661
- Creator: Lan
- Comment: Changed instructions to remove all cookies
- Reviewed: No
- Ready for localization: No
Cookies are stored on your computer by websites you visit and contain information such as site preferences or login status. This article describes how to delete cookies in Firefox.
- To clear your browsing history, cookies, and temporarily cached files at once, see Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox.
- To prevent websites from storing cookies on your computer, see Block websites from storing site preferences or login status in Firefox.
- Click the menu button and choose . .
Select the panel and go to the History section.
- In the drop-down menu next to Firefox will:Firefox will choose .
- Click . The Cookies window will appear.
- In the Search: field, type the name of the site whose cookies you want to remove. The cookies that match your search will be displayed.
- Select the cookie(s) in the list to remove and click
- Select the first cookie and press Shift+End to select all the cookies in the list.
- Click to remove all cookies stored on your computer.
- Click to closeClose the Cookies window.