Delete cookies to remove the information websites have stored on your computer
- Revision id: 71480
- Creator: AliceWyman
- Comment: edit based on last revision, updated for Fx 29, removed ShareArticle template
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: AliceWyman
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: AliceWyman
Cookies are stored on your computer by websites you visit and contain information such as site preferences or login status. This article describes how to delete cookies in Firefox.
- To clear your browsing history, cookies, and temporarily cached files at once, see Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox.
- To prevent websites from storing cookies on your computer, see Block websites from storing site preferences or login status in Firefox.
Delete cookies for a single site
To delete cookies for one site:
- Click the menu button and choose . .
Select the panel and go to the History section.
- In the drop-down menu next to Firefox will:Firefox will choose .
- Click . The Cookies window will appear.
- In the Search: field, type the name of the site whose cookies you want to remove. The cookies that match your search will be displayed.
- Select the cookie(s) in the list to remove and click
- Select the first cookie and press Shift+End to select all the cookies in the list.
- Click to closeClose the Cookies window.
Delete all cookies
To delete all cookies stored on your computer:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button, go over to the menu (click on the menu in Windows XP), and select .On the menu bar, click on the menu, and select .At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu, and select .
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button, go over to the menu, and select .On the menu bar, click on the menu, and select .At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu, and select .
- Click the menu button , choose , and then .
- Set Time range to clear to Everything.
- Click on the arrow next to Details to expand the list of history items.
- Select Cookies and make sure that other items you want to keep are not selected.
- Click to clear the cookies and close the Clear Recent History window.