Control Center - manage site privacy and security controls
- Revision id: 108876
- Creator: AliceWyman
- Comment: edits to last revision
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: AliceWyman
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: AliceWyman
The Control Center lets you manage security and privacy settings for a website in one place. Use the Control Center to view information about a site and to make choices about trackers or insecure content. This can help you avoid malicious websites that are trying to obtain your personal information.
Control Center in normal browsing
When you visit a site, an icon will appear in your address bar to let you know if your connection to the site is fully secure.
- See How do I tell if my connection to a website is secure? to learn more about what these icons mean.
Click the icon to open the Control Center, which will tell you about your connection to the website and the site's owner, as well as any insecure content that Firefox may be blocking on websites that are supposed to be secure.
- See Mixed content blocking in Firefox to learn more about Firefox's content blocking security feature.
Control Center in Private Browsing
When viewed in Private Browsing, the Control Center indicates whether or not a page has elements that track you, in addition to information about your connection. Firefox’s Tracking Protection feature will automatically block these trackers in Private Browsing, and the Control Center allows you to disable the feature if needed.
- No trackers detected
- Trackers detected (with option to disable Tracking Protection):
See Tracking Protection to learn more about these controls.