Contributor News & Resources
- Revision id: 18352
- Creator: scoobidiver
- Comment: new testing servers
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: KadirTopal
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: Yes
- Readied for localization:
- Readied for localization by: KadirTopal
This page contains information for contributors to the support. mozilla. com (SUMO) website.
Big things this week
- Notes and video from this meeting.
- It was a short meeting but a lot of celebration!
- Everyone: please help us in testing Persona
- We have a list with the top contributors of all time, check the etherpad or watch the video to see it! We had a nice celebration!
- Update on the buddy program and on our Summit planned to unite all SUMO warriors!
- Contributors of the week: AlicyWyman, philipp, john99, italian team
- Current SUMO development sprint – 2013.18.
- Next SUMO meeting - Monday, Sept. 30th - (call in details & meeting notes) at 9:00 am PST. Please add your comments, questions and updates to the etherpad. You can also participate in #sumo during the meeting. We’re going to record and post a video of the meeting.
Here we are gathering information about the way we work and general information that will be useful for all contributors. If you have something to add, let us know.
If there is anything wrong on SUMO, please let us know, so we can fix it. As usual at Mozilla, we use Bugzilla to track bugs. Check SUMO bugs to see if your issue is not yet in Bugzilla and just provide a summary and a brief description of the problem.
Besides our production servers at support.mozilla.com, we have two different staging servers available for testing:
- support-dev.allizom.org - AKA "-dev" - Updates constantly from our 'master' branch, so is running the latest code. Please attempt to reproduce bugs here before reporting. If they've been fixed already, they'll be fixed here.
- support.allizom.org - AKA "stage" - This typically updates on Wednesdays around 12pm ET/9am PT, though it may pick up updates more frequently. It runs our 'next' branch, and is the code that's planned for the next production push. If you want to make a change and are unsure how it works, you can test it on this server first.
As a public good organization, our work results are made public, and you can watch as we improve our services.
- Our quarterly goals tell you, what we are planning on working on for the next 3 month.
- You can see the most important upcoming events on our calendar.
- You can even track our fixed bugs for the next release.
If you want to get updates about changes to a page, click on the link that says Get emailed when this article changes in the sidebar on the right.
Weekly Meetings: We have two weekly meetings for SUMO. One phone meeting where the team discusses the latest development and one IRC meeting, where Kadir meets with the community to talk about latest news and opened questions.
Phone meeting: Mondays (meeting duration approx. 30-45 minutes) at: 9:00 AM PST. Phone call details: Skype (free): +18007072533 then password: 369. Then, enter the conference number: 9309#
IRC meeting: Thursdays (meeting duration approx. 30-45 minutes) at: 10:00 AM PST, irc.mozilla.org: #sumo
We want to hear from you! Got ideas for improving Firefox Help, questions about helping, or just want to know more about us? Here's how to get in touch:
- Contributors Forum: This is the main place where we talk about everything related to Firefox Help.
- #sumo IRC channel: The best place to chat with other contributors. You can also find the Firefox Help staff there: David Tenser (djst) - Project lead; Cheng Wang (Cww) - Forum guru; Kadir Topal (Topal) - Community manager; Michael Verdi (verdi) - SUMO content manager; Matthew Middleton (zzxc) Live Chat master; Michelle Luna (michelleluna) -Mobile support coordinator; and Ibai Garcia (Ibai) - Services support coordinator. If you don't have an irc client, connect via Mibbit.
- Firefox Support (SUMO) blog: the latest project updates and developments are discussed here.