Changes affecting Adobe Flash on Firefox for Mac
This article only applies to Firefox for Mac.
The sandbox is known to prevent the following features from working:
- Print to PDF from the Flash print dialog
- Print to Open in Preview from the Flash print dialog
- Quicklook in the File -> Open menu
- Saving files from a Flash applet
- Flash applets downloading and running the Adobe Air installer
- Flash triggering Adobe Air applications to run
To disable the Flash sandbox in Firefox, follow these steps:
In the address bar, type about:config and press EnterReturn.
- The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. Click to continue to the about:config page.
- Find the preference dom.ipc.plugins.sandbox-level.flash and double-click on it.
- Enter an integer value of 0 (zero) and click .
- Quit and reopen Firefox so that the change will take effect.
Last Update: 2018-09-07