Missing vertical scroll bar
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
This article describes why you may be missing the vertical scroll bar on the right on the Firefox window.
No scroll bar on any page
Some themes can cause the scroll bar to disappear. In this case, switch back to the default theme.
- At the top of the Firefox windowOn the menu bar, click on the menu and select . The Add-ons window will open.
- At the top of the Add-ons window, select the panel.
- Click on Default and click .
- If is disabled, you are using the default theme, so this isn't your problem.
- Click on the button that appears.
With Firefox back to using the default theme, the scroll bar should be back.
Down arrow missing on scroll bar
If the up arrow on the scroll bar is visible, but the down arrow is not, you may need to display the Status Bar. In themenu, click to put a check mark by . The down arrow should reappear.
No scroll bar on certain sites
If the error only occurs on certain sites, clear your cache and try loading that website again. If the problem remains, it may be a bug with the website (this is often because the page is wrapped in a block that has an inappropriate "overflow" style applied). You can report a broken website by opening the menu and choosing .
Last Update: 2009-12-29