Importing bookmarks and other data from Flock
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
This article describes how to export your bookmarks from the Flock browser and import them into Firefox.
Export bookmarks from Flock
- Open Flock.
- Click on Flock's
menu and select . Flock's Library window will open.
- In Flock's Library window, click on Import and Backup, and then select
. A Save As window will appear.
- In the Save As window, select a location on your computer to store the exported bookmarks file.
After you have saved the bookmarks file, close Flock and all its windows.
Import bookmarks into Firefox
- Open Firefox.
Click the Bookmarks button on the right side of the navigation toolbarOn the menu bar, click At the top of the Firefox window, click the and select menu to open the Library window.
Click the Bookmarks button and selectto open the Library window.
- In Firefox's Library window, click on
, and then select . The Import Wizard window will appear.
- Select From an HTML file and then click . The Import bookmark file window will open.
- Navigate to the location where you saved Flock's bookmark file, select it, and click .
Your Flock bookmarks will be merged with your Firefox bookmarks.
Importing other data
Importing settings, saved passwords, cookies, and history is an advanced operation that will replace existing Firefox data.
- Open the Flock profile folder. If you need help locating this folder, there is a support link at the bottom of the Flock.com FAQ page.
- In a separate window, open the Firefox profile folder. See How do I find my profile? to locate your Firefox profile.
- Copy the files you want to import from the Flock folder to the Firefox folder. See Your important data and their files to determine which files to copy.
Last Update: 2011-04-14