it is enough to search "version 89 visuals" in the help forum to find dozens of topic complaining how awful it looks, and the reduced functionality, content on scr… (διαβάστε περισσότερα)
it is enough to search "version 89 visuals" in the help forum to find dozens of topic complaining how awful it looks, and the reduced functionality, content on screen and efficiency.
Luckily in one of the threads I found solution, and links to articles to fix most of the biggest issues:
As a temporary tactic to buy time, you can use a preference to revert the tab bar to its older appearance. This is just for Firefox 89, so you have a month to keep an eye out for the next workaround. To set that up:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.
(2) In the search box in the page, type or paste proton (or full browser.proton.enabled)
(3) Double-click the preference to switch between true (new Proton style) and false (old Photon style)
Since this was kept in just for testing, there might be some occasional glitches.
Here the options I changed - set false to all.
+ even further reduction of the spaces -> browser.uidensity -> 1
I expect the new Proton view is inspired by touch screens - and is more optimized for tablets, giving more space around individual options, with extra space around them - to make sure you hit the right option with your finger.
The downside is we get less visible options on the screen, as now each option takes more space - and it is absolutely awful and less visible for people using desktop mode, and using the more precise mouse and/or keyboard.
And here a list of the problems and annoyances in V89, and why they are a problem (and these are only the ones I noticed so far - attached is a screenshot collage of the issues.
1. Tabs which play audio no longer show that they play audio, unless I hover on top of them - which is a big problem if you have 20 tabs, and are searching which one auto-played some audio.
In the previous version each tab playing audio had the audio icon on top of it.
2. My bookmarks take much more space on my screen, and while previously I organized them to fit perfectly to it, now are going outside of it, and I have to (unnecessarily) scroll to find more.
3. On YouTube There was a "delete video" button next to each video in my "watch later" list, and I was able to quickly delete the watched ones. Now I have to click on the 3 dots, and then on the trash bin button to delete.
Much slower an annoying. Return to the old vision (sadly I cannot find a way to fix this yet)
This totally failed visualization must IMMEDIATELY be reversed, and you must add option in the VIEW menu - which switches between the old DESKTOP view (version 88 style), and new TABLET view (V89 style).
And it must not be allowed that you disable the browser.proton.enabled option in the next update, as this will force us to use only the new awful view, and give us 3 options:
1. Revert to 88. I have already backed up my profile, and downloaded it, in case V90 ruins the view permanently. This also opens us to security risks - so I can allow this for no more than 2-3 months, in hope you fix this fail.
2. Switch browser. Move to Vivaldi (which I use at work) or Brave, if you refuse to fix the fail.
3. Accept the awful view - not going to happen to me. I am using Mozilla since Netscape, but this fail is infuriating enough to make me switch if made permanent / even worse.