A new problem has occurred since updating to FF 67.0. My default configuration is to block all cookies. For those sites I wish to allow, I create exceptions to either All… (διαβάστε περισσότερα)
A new problem has occurred since updating to FF 67.0.
My default configuration is to block all cookies. For those sites I wish to allow, I create exceptions to either Allow or Allow for Session.
On one of the sites I use I have an exception as: https://CompanyName.com Allow for Session (name changed to protect the innocent)
There are a number of subdomains used and so all subdomain cookies are allowed for the session.
As of FireFox 67, I could no longer log into the site. I found that it was stuck in a loop reloading the page.
If I allowed all cookies, then the login would work. Once logged in, I could block all cookies again and everything continued to work on the site. So it was only the process of logging in that was failing.
First thing I did was disable all cookie related add-ons. That didn't help. If I changed the setting for CompanyName.com to Allow, it worked. Next I tried setting CompanyName.com back to Allow for Session and tried each subdomain with the Allow. What I found was I need to change one specific subdomain to Allow, so now my exceptions list is like this: https://CompanyName.com Allow for Session https://login.CompanyName.com Allow
So it seems as though the necessary cookie for login.CompanyName.com was being removed early so the log in could not be completed. Once a log in was successful, I could look at the cookies and see them for this subdomain (as well as the others).
I can't see anything I did wrong, so I'm thinking there may be a bug somewhere in FF67.