Cannot get bookmarks menu to show when browser launched
When I launched Firefox browser this AM, the Bookmarks menu does not appear at the top of screen in its normal place.
Hi bmerella, the menus and toolbars are hidden in full screen mode. You can exit that mode either using that right-click menu or by pressing the F11 function key.Ανάγνωση απάντησης σε πλαίσιο 3
Επιπρόσθετες λεπτομέρειες συστήματος
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.40.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Πλατφόρμα χρήστη: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information.
Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Your solution "Reset Firefox" presumes the "Firefox" tab appears at top left of screen. This tab is not showing which is the problem.
Maybe you have a problem with the bookmark icon? You can restore the botton by right click on the top of ifrefox and select "Customize". Here you can choose the icon of bookmarks and put it on the top at the left of the address bar
Followed your reply, but "Customize" does not appear at top of screen. But, I did happen to find this: At top of screen, next to "Feedback" icon is an icon with down arrow that when highlighted display pop-up window that says "display all bookmarks" and opens menu with all my bookmarks. That works, but not normal place for the bookmarks menu.
Hi bmerella, what I'm about to say is based on Firefox 24; I haven't seen the beta release.
Normally you would have either the orange Firefox button (compact 2-column menu) or the full classic menu bar (File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools, Help). You can switch using either of these:
- View menu > Toolbars > Menu bar
- right-click the new tab button (or blank area of a toolbar) > Menu bar
If items are missing from your classic menu bar, this could indicate corruption in your toolbar customization file or an extension conflict.
(1) Clearing the toolbar customization file
Open your current Firefox settings (AKA Firefox profile) folder using
Help > Troubleshooting Information > "Show Folder" button
Leave that open, switch back to Firefox, and Exit
Pause while Firefox finishes its cleanup, then rename localstore.rdf to something like localstore.old
Restart Firefox. Any improvement in the menu bar?
(2) Testing in Safe Mode
Firefox's Safe Mode is a standard diagnostic tool to bypass interference by extensions (and some custom settings). More info: Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode.
You can restart Firefox in Safe Mode using
Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
In the dialog, click "Start in Safe Mode" (not Reset)
You can change the position of the icon: Try to right click in the area on the right of tabs and verify if you see "Customize" or "Properties" in the popup,on my computer it works
My Firefox browser is set to launch my Verizon email page and does so. When launched, the screen displays my email page with the Verizon tab at the top of screen. I right clicked in the gray area to its right and the only window that appears lists "Hide Toolbars" and "Exit Full screen mode"; neither of which does anything -- your cited "Customize" or Properties" does not appear in a window.
Hi bmerella, the menus and toolbars are hidden in full screen mode. You can exit that mode either using that right-click menu or by pressing the F11 function key.