When I open firefox, tabs open that describe new firefox features
Today, when I opened firefox for the first time and every time since then, I have clicked on the firefox icon and several different tabs open. Each one includes information about different things that are "new" to firefox such as WOT, google chrome, etc. I have closed each one, I have closed all at once, I have tried disabling them. Nothing has worked, every time I open firefox again, those 5 or 6 tabs open again.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Inquisit Mozilla Plugin 126.96.36.199
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- Website Logon Plugin
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2065
- Inquisit Mozilla Plugin 220.127.116.11
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
Hello, did you try setting a homepage to see if that changes anything?
You can check if you have an user.js file in the Firefox profile folder that sets the browser.sessionstore.resume_session_once pref to true.
You can check for problems with the sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak files in the Firefox profile folder that store session data.
Delete the sessionstore.js file and possible sessionstore-##.js files with a number and sessionstore.bak in the Firefox profile folder.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
Deleting sessionstore.js will cause App Tabs and Tab Groups and open and closed (undo) tabs to get lost and you will have to recreate them (make a note or bookmark them if possible).
Try setting a new homepage.