Why can't I install Firefox?
Firefox would open, but instantly freeze, so I couldn't even reset it. The only way to close it was through the task manager. I decided the only thing I could do was uninstall and reinstall, so I did that. It downloaded but the set up wizard never started. I can't even find it listed in my downloads. I am having to use IE to send this message. Please help!
Επιπρόσθετες λεπτομέρειες συστήματος
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/6.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C; BRI/2; .NET4.0E; EIE10;ENUSWOL)
It is possible that your security software (firewall, anti-virus) blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, #p#ly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
You can use one of these to start Firefox in Safe Mode:
- On Windows, hold down the Shift key while starting Firefox with a double-click on the Firefox desktop shortcut
- On Mac, hold down the Options key while starting Firefox
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
Do a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program folder before (re)installing a fresh copy of the current Firefox release.
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
- Firefox 21.0: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
Uninstall your current Firefox version, if possible, to cleanup the Windows registry and settings in security software.
- Do NOT remove personal data when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because all profile folders will be removed and you will lose all personal data like bookmarks and passwords from profiles of other Firefox versions.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- (32 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\"
- (64 bit Windows) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\"
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other personal data are stored in the Firefox profile folder and won't be affected by an uninstall and (re)install, but make sure that "remove personal data" is NOT selected when you uninstall Firefox.
If you keep having problems then also create a new profile.
Thanks for the response, but I decided to reset my computer back to a week ago when all was well. So far, so good. If I have the same problem again, I will try the above solution.