Doing a Google search the web page preview button/symbol ">>" is gone, is this a Google or Firefox issue?
I had this problem before and updating Firefox fixed it, not this time, have latest version.
Επιπρόσθετες λεπτομέρειες συστήματος
Εγκατεστημένες πρόσθετες λειτουργίες
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
That happened to me today as well. If you're looking for the cached page, click the green triangle after the URL.
When doing a Google search and moving the mouse cursor at the right hand side of each listed heading the ">>" symbol will show, pointing to this will show a preview of the site, not any more. I don't have this facility any more, I deleted the cache contents under tools but that didn't fix the problem. I wish I could take a picture to show what I mean but the ">>" symbols are gone!
I remember them well. I do not see them in Firefox or in IE right now. Google changes stuff regularly. Often they are just experiments and change back. If you want to check with Google, the search forum is here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/websearch
Here's a thread from Google's forum indicating the previews have been discontinued: What has happened to Google instant page previews? - Google Groups.
Thanks, what a pain though, I always used it, I think there is an add-on somewhere that displays a magnifying glass symbol, will have to try and find that!! Again thanks, Reece.