Page links are fine in Safari, but only show up as numbers in Firefox. Help?
Links to pages of my website are not showing up in Firefox. Well, they show up, but as black numbers and not blue links...except for 5 of 59 numbers. Everything is fine when viewing in Safari. See here: martybucella.com/biz5.html.
Progress is good, even if it's slow.
I'm going to leave the screenshot here, but I can take down the zip link with the edited HTML file.Ανάγνωση απάντησης σε πλαίσιο 0
Επιπρόσθετες λεπτομέρειες συστήματος
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.11
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0
- Πλατφόρμα χρήστη: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
I have the same issue with my Firefox. All the links look fine except for the page links under the toons. However, Windows IE shows the page links fine.
This problem is caused by deeply nesting your HTML tags. As you can see in the attached screen shot from the source viewer, the editing tool has buried the row of numbers within numerous nested div elements.
A known problem for many years is that for some ancient efficiency-related reasons, Firefox completely stops trying to render HTML at some depth of nesting and just shows the text content. Often this is due to font tags going crazy, but in this case, div tags.
Could you try a page with all the excess nesting edited out?
Let me know when you have that and I can take it down.
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by "excess nesting." I'm just a cartoonist and am lucky I've been able to build this site and maintain it for the past 17 years. I will say one thing, though...this problem has only started recently.
How do you build the site?
Did you look at the screenshot attached to my post?
WYSIWYG. Drag and drop, cut and paste. For example, when I add a new page, I simply cut and paste links from one existing page to another. So, the page links from my business cartoons are just copied and pasted on to each successive page. Works for pages 1-4 and then stops until the last page. Have never had this problem until the last couple weeks.
Yes, I saw your screenshot, but I don't know diddly about code.
WYSIWYG. Drag and drop, cut and paste.
Using what program?
In order to visualize this problem, imagine that your birthday gift was in a box that was in a box that was in a box, so you had to open over 50 boxes to get to your gift. That is what your HTML editor has done to your page, and Firefox doesn't want the gift that badly.
An old one that doesn't exist anymore....Adobe GoLive. Look at other categories or other pages of mine. There's no problems there.
It's not a problem if the nesting does not get so extreme. I don't know if GoLive has a tool to deal with this or you need to touch the HTML files directly. I cleaned up the HTML page we were discussing (ZIP archive linked earlier) but whether you can use that, I don't know.
Hmmmm...so, if I go past a certain number of page links, that's where the problem comes in? Maybe if I simply link as "previous page," "next page?"
I'll look at your HTML and compare it to what I have and try it out when I get a chance. I'm no master of HTML, though.
It's not a problem with the number of links. It's a problem with what the editing software does when you paste. Every time, it seems to accumulate more and more unnecessary baggage.
In other threads, this would come up when someone was re-editing the same email over and over. For example:
Thanks for all of your help. I've been looking at my source codes and I see all this garbage that's not supposed to be there. Pages should be about 20k and I have a lot that 100 and 200 plus k. I'm slowly going in and editing out all the garbage. I don't know why GoLive is suddenly adding all this extra junk. Maybe I can find answers in the links you've provided. Again, thanks for your help!
Fixed the problem by going into each page and deleting the excess code. I have no idea how it happened, but there were hundreds and hundreds of lines of code that just read, align="center">. The normal amount of lines in my pages is around 70. Some pages had over 900 lines! Now, I need to look at all my pages and get rid of the garbage code. It's going to take some time, though.
You can take that screenshot down now. Thanks for all of your help.
Progress is good, even if it's slow.
I'm going to leave the screenshot here, but I can take down the zip link with the edited HTML file.