Jave update se8 u101 and now java deployment toolkit 8.0.1010.13 is vunerable and blocked
Firefox was working fine. Updated 3 days ago to latest JAVA. Now i can not access Java enabled sites through firefox and having to revert to IE11 to play video etc.
Please assist and rectify ASAP for me!
'Jave update se8 u101 and now java deployment toolkit 8.0.1010.13 is vunerable and blocked'
Επιπρόσθετες λεπτομέρειες συστήματος
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 15.17.20050
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.101.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 22.0 r0
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Zoom Launcher
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Πλατφόρμα χρήστη: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
Version 8 Update 101 Release date July 2016 http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
All versions of the Java Deployment Toolkit are soft-blocked since 2013. Oracle hasn't fixed the vulnerabilities with that plugin; typically only used by Java Developers and with some vertical market software, not by the "average user".
It can be enabled as needed. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-allow-java-trusted-sites
It would be a highly unusual site that uses the Java plugin to play a video. Is it possible that there's a problem with the Flash plugin?
When you are on a site where plugin content isn't working, could you click the plugin notification icon to see what's going on? The icon usually appears at the left end of the address bar, and looks like a small dark gray Lego block. If the page wants to use a plugin with a serious security problem, the icon may appear in red. Does that provide any additional information?
If Firefox is not running: Hold down the Shift key when starting Firefox.
If Firefox is running: You can restart Firefox in Safe Mode using either:
- "3-bar" menu button > "?" button > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
- Help menu > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
and OK the restart.
Both scenarios: A small dialog should appear. Click "Start in Safe Mode" (not Refresh).