My older laptop is crashed and unrepairable. I am having Firefox Sync Key which is having imporatant bookmarks and passwords.
Now I tried to sync but it seems complicate for me to update. I forgot the username and password of my older sync but having sync key. Is there any way to sync my data in new laptop? Please consider it as emergency and give me an user friendly step by step procedure. Thanks in advance.
Επιπρόσθετες λεπτομέρειες συστήματος
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Google Update
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.80.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Nokia Suite Enabler Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Πλατφόρμα χρήστη: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.
hi aspmajaa, first you'll have to try resetting your account password at https://account.services.mozilla.com/forgot - enter the mail-address you've used to sign up for old sync originally in the username field and follow up with the password reset procedure through the mail you'll receive.
firefox 29 and above use a new sync login system which isn't compatible with the old username/password/sync-key method anymore.
you could try this "hack" to get a new firefox version to connect to the old sync account though once you have a working username/password again: enter about:config into the firefox address bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up), right-click somewhere in that page & create a new string preference named services.sync.username with a value like fake. afterwards you should be able to connect to the old account through the firefox options > sync panel. click on set up firefox sync > i have an account > i don't have the device with me where you can enter your credentials.
if this worked and you could import your data successfully, please migrate to the new sync afterwards: Sync your Firefox bookmarks, history, passwords and more