Αυτό το νήμα αρχειοθετήθηκε. Παρακαλούμε κάντε νέα ερώτηση αν χρειάζεστε βοήθεια.
Why Yahoo! groups downloads twice the same file on one click?
Every time I'm navigating on the file section of any of my yahoo! groups, if I click on a file to save it FF stars the download twice. This saves two identical files to my downloads folder at the same time. FF saves the files like this: I click on 'example.pdf' and the download begins, then in less than 1 sec another download begins; when I check is a second file called 'example(1).pdf'. I really have two questions here: why does this happens? and, how do I stop it?
Όλες οι απαντήσεις (3)
I am not sure exactly, but it is possible to change what it does by resetting the setting for particular files. Change the pdf for example to see if it changes: Manage file types and download actions in Firefox
The other hypothesis is that you can try to reset Firefox to make sure its not an old setting:
The Refresh feature (called "Reset" in older Firefox versions) can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your bookmarks, history, passwords, cookies, and other essential information.
Note: When you use this feature, you will lose any extensions, toolbar customizations, and some preferences. See the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article for more information.
To Refresh Firefox:
- Open the Troubleshooting Information page using one of these methods:
- Click the menu button , click help and select Troubleshooting Information. A new tab containing your troubleshooting information should open.
- If you're unable to access the Help menu, type about:support in your address bar to bring up the Troubleshooting Information page.
- At the top right corner of the page, you should see a button that says "Refresh Firefox" ("Reset Firefox" in older Firefox versions). Click on it.
- Firefox will close. After the refresh process is completed, Firefox will show a window with the information that is imported.
- Click Finish and Firefox will reopen.
Did this fix the problem? Please report back to us!
I did change the settings for file types, and now doesn't save it, but ask me twice what to do with the files, and in case of images, it opens 2 tabs for each file. Is it some code in the Yahoo! groups pages? or why this happens? Please help, it's really frustrating
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window