I am in the Netherlands and by default, the Firefox that is downloaded from the main page is in Dutch. I dislike having my applications in Dutch so I tend to set them… (Lesen Sie mehr)
I am in the Netherlands and by default, the Firefox that is downloaded from the main page is in Dutch. I dislike having my applications in Dutch so I tend to set them to English at the earliest opportunity but Firefox seems to be stuck somewhere halfway in between. Here's what I did/tried:
- First downloaded the regular Firefox, set it up, changed the language to English in settings and went on setting up. After a number of tweaks and addon installs I restarted the browser.
- The browser is now in what I would call Dunglish; the settings page and various other things are in English, but the menubar and various other standard controls are not, they are still in Dutch.
- I went into about:config and changed the intl.locale.requested value to only say En-US, before it had NL tacked onto the end of that. No change.
- I downloaded the language pack addon and restarted the browser. No change.
- I downloaded the US version of Firefox and installed it on top of the other, Dutch, version. No change.
I'd really rather not remove my profile entirely and start from scratch as I've been working on setting it up just the way I like it for half a day now and I'd rather not redo all that. What can I do?
So to summarize, I know of the language-specific browser version and installed it without results, I know of the article describing how to use Firefox in another language, I know of the language packs and I know of the intl.locale.requested variable already. None of these solutions have solved the problem.
Thanks a lot for reading and for any help you can provide.