Hello dear Mozilla community! I've faced an issue with search engines configuration for Firefox on macOS. I'm doing the following: Removing all but one One-Click Search… (Lesen Sie mehr)
Hello dear Mozilla community!
I've faced an issue with search engines configuration for Firefox on macOS. I'm doing the following:
- Removing all but one One-Click Search Engines, leaving only one engine in the list (currently my preference is DuckDuckGo): https://user-media-prod-cdn.itsre-sumo.mozilla.net/uploads/images/2020-11-17-04-32-41-395a2a.png or https://imgur.com/DKqvzZ9
- When I type search request in the address bar I'm seeing nice and clean search suggestions from Search Provider of my choice: https://user-media-prod-cdn.itsre-sumo.mozilla.net/uploads/images/2020-11-17-04-32-13-a8d46c.png or https://imgur.com/a/slivHlF
- Close Firefox
- (not sure what other conditions needed)
- Open Firefox
- When typing search request in the address bar I see that Amazon and Ebay options are back and a suggestion line "This time, search with ..." as added by firefox: https://user-media-prod-cdn.itsre-sumo.mozilla.net/uploads/images/2020-11-17-04-32-02-4a25db.png or https://imgur.com/vjq0NCf
- In the preference I see that those two searches (Ebay and Amazon) were automatically re-added to One-Click Search Engines: https://user-media-prod-cdn.itsre-sumo.mozilla.net/uploads/images/2020-11-17-04-32-23-91dd1d.png or https://imgur.com/ibnlzLS
That issue is happening to me across different versions of firefox and isn't new. I've been seeing it for a few month hoping that to resolve in a newer versions. But as of right now I'm on 82.0.3 (64-bit) and the issue is still there.
It's a bit annoying as I have to my preferences literally every time I need to restart Firefox (which is especially annoying to do right after restarting FF to switch to a newer version).
Any suggestions and help is welcome!
Best regards, Serhii.