Are proxy whitelist rules ignored in add-ons

Are Firefox add-ons (uBlock etc.) ignoring proxy whitelisting when they automaticaly updates filter rules? Observed behavior (example) - using proxy in Firefox with white… (Lesen Sie mehr)

Are Firefox add-ons (uBlock etc.) ignoring proxy whitelisting when they automaticaly updates filter rules? Observed behavior (example) - using proxy in Firefox with whitelisted easylist.to (network.proxy.no_proxies_on), proxy control panel still shows comunication to easylist.to. Is this somehow on me, or is it a bug?

Gefragt von barta2 vor 1 Woche

Letzte Antwort von barta2 vor 6 Tagen

F-Secure

I have F-secure on my PC and last few days it has not worked. I contacted F-Secure who told me to unistall extension which I did, then reinstall and extension will be add… (Lesen Sie mehr)

I have F-secure on my PC and last few days it has not worked. I contacted F-Secure who told me to unistall extension which I did, then reinstall and extension will be added, but just gives me blank page???

Gefragt von mishaming vor 6 Tagen

Just an observation: Pocket politics obviously tilts left and can be abrasive to some. Is it worth it to lose some customers?

Be interesting but be neutral. These left leaning political messages speak to the Mozilla's orientation: REALLY?? If it's not obvious I suggest you hire a sociologist to … (Lesen Sie mehr)

Be interesting but be neutral. These left leaning political messages speak to the Mozilla's orientation: REALLY?? If it's not obvious I suggest you hire a sociologist to explain...

Gefragt von Spacetransient vor 6 Tagen

Copy link in context menu works intermittently

When I select the "Copy link" option in the context menu on any webpage, it is about a 70% chance that the link is actually copied to the clipboard. The other 30% of the … (Lesen Sie mehr)

When I select the "Copy link" option in the context menu on any webpage, it is about a 70% chance that the link is actually copied to the clipboard. The other 30% of the time, the clipboard retains its previous content. This problem has been occurring for about 6 months, through multiple Firefox upgrades.

My sense is that the problem occurs on tabs that have been open a long time. I don't think it matters which website I attempt to test.

I can repeat this problem right now. I can copy every link on this page. However, in another window I have open, which has been open for a long time, I cannot copy any link on that page.

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Gefragt von Sondra Kinsey vor 6 Tagen

Firefox uses too much data

I played same Youtube video on Firefox and on Edge and Firefox uses way more data(I/O write bytes) I/O writes and I/O Read bytes than Edge. I added the screenshot. pm: I … (Lesen Sie mehr)

I played same Youtube video on Firefox and on Edge and Firefox uses way more data(I/O write bytes) I/O writes and I/O Read bytes than Edge. I added the screenshot.

pm: I ran Firefox in Safe mode and with Sessionstore disabled . Some say it is because of History, but I dont want to delete it.

Gefragt von DigDeep vor 6 Tagen

Letzte Antwort von DigDeep vor 6 Tagen

Firefox Container

Hi, I have Firefox installed running under Windows 10. I have a number of extensions installed including Firefox Containers. I have had to change my router. When I res… (Lesen Sie mehr)

Hi, I have Firefox installed running under Windows 10. I have a number of extensions installed including Firefox Containers. I have had to change my router. When I restart my system with the new router connected to the internet and open Firefox I find that I cannot open any websites assigned to personal containers.

I switched back to my old router and everything works ok - I can open all sites including those assigned to containers.

When I switch back to usuing my new router however I again find I cannot access sites assigned to containers - error message is “Secure Connection Failed”.

I’ve removed the Firefox container extension.

Using my old router I can connect to all websites in the normal expected manner - none show they are assigned to Containers.

Using my new router however I still find that having opened Firefox I cannot access any website previously assigned to a Container. If I use another browser (Edge), trying to open a website previously assigned to a Firefox Container simply opens my router home page.

It would appear therefore that despite having removed the Firefox Container extension, when I boot up and connect to the internet via my new router there is still information stored somewhere on my system which is preventing my accessing websites previously assigned to containers.

How do I remove all necessary information from my system so that I can access all websites?

Thanks for your help

Gefragt von Anon vor 6 Tagen

Lost ONLY browser connection on wifi source laptop although windows test states it is fine.

2 laptops were syned to your browser , this one is windows 8 and uses a ethernet cable the other one is on wifi and windows 11 which all of a sudden is not responding to … (Lesen Sie mehr)

2 laptops were syned to your browser , this one is windows 8 and uses a ethernet cable the other one is on wifi and windows 11 which all of a sudden is not responding to load the websites although after running on it prefectly until this morning, the windows troubleshooter shows the wifi signal is connected and fine, please check and advise.

Gefragt von sbootech vor 6 Tagen

bookmarks and upgrades

- You updated and took my bookmarks away (something I needed and used all the time. How can you do that? Really? - also every time I go on line I get another stupid sign… (Lesen Sie mehr)

- You updated and took my bookmarks away (something I needed and used all the time. How can you do that? Really? - also every time I go on line I get another stupid sign at the top right telling me to update again. I'm being pestered to do something that screwed me over. - I’ve tried the (old firefox date folder, thing) and it didn’t work. (so please don't suggest that) - I have to go looking for what bookmarks I have left (no more drop-down menu with all of them right there where over the years I've organized them)

I used to like this program, a lot. If I can’t get my Book marks back I’m done with FireFox. What the hell were you thinking?

Gefragt von glynnsimmons vor 6 Tagen

Firefox cookie protection working?

I'm using the latest Firefox 101.0.1 (64-bit) in Windows 10 21H2 (64-bit). I've got Enhanced Tracking Protection set to Strict so the new Total Cookie Protection should b… (Lesen Sie mehr)

I'm using the latest Firefox 101.0.1 (64-bit) in Windows 10 21H2 (64-bit). I've got Enhanced Tracking Protection set to Strict so the new Total Cookie Protection should be working. To test this I went to https://www.grc.com/cookies/forensics.htm but it shows that 3rd party cookies aren't being isolated. Is this a Firefox issue or is this a problem with the website? Is there another website or way to test the new Firefox Total Cookie Protection?

Gefragt von Rockin' Jerry vor 6 Tagen

Reinstalled Firefox and got new monitor. Now webpages don't load properly.

I had issues with Firefox and reinstalled it. My monitor was cracked so bought a new monitor. Now web pages don't load properly. If on a message board or looking at email… (Lesen Sie mehr)

I had issues with Firefox and reinstalled it. My monitor was cracked so bought a new monitor. Now web pages don't load properly. If on a message board or looking at emails, lines separating each post or email are missing. This happens throughout the web. separating lines, boxes are missing. It's like 90% of the page loads and then some parts don't. I've tried all the troubleshooting answers from Mozilla. Nothing works. Never had this issue for years of using Firefox. All of a sudden, web pages all look different. It can't be the monitor because the computer tells the monitor what to display. So something must have changed when I reinstalled Firefox. I've added a picture below of how the Ticketmaster page loads. It would always show each individual seat. Now most of the empty seats have disappeared along with the line separating each row. Makes it almost impossible to decipher the webpage. The blue dots are seats still for sale. The empty rows should also have dots representing each and every seat, but now only about 50% of the seats actually display. Anyone have any ideas on what is going wrong? Driving me absolutely crazy. Ruined my ability to surf the web. Every page is missing something. Usually separating lines. Any ideas?

Gefragt von centralpark212 vor 1 Woche

Letzte Antwort von centralpark212 vor 6 Tagen

My Firefox Browser in my MAC has been replaced with a Developer-Tweaked Firefox Browser. Mozilla is involved in this unauthorized switch?

Repeatedly my Firefox browser is replaced with an insecure, unsafe Firefox Browser. The unsafe browser allows storage of passwords, unchecks my choice to force sites that… (Lesen Sie mehr)

Repeatedly my Firefox browser is replaced with an insecure, unsafe Firefox Browser. The unsafe browser allows storage of passwords, unchecks my choice to force sites that are HTTPS, has containers that house webcompat@mozilla.org, pictureinpicture@mozilla.org.xpi, screenshots@mozilla.org.xpi, doh-rollout@mozilla.org.xpi; formautofill@mozilla.org.xpi etcetera.

Gefragt von WANNAKNOW2020 vor 6 Tagen

Firefox suddenly not responding to Mac Monterey v12.4

I am able to start the Firefox Browser. It pops up and asks for my Primary Password. I type it in and click go, and it seems to take the Password and continue. But aft… (Lesen Sie mehr)

I am able to start the Firefox Browser. It pops up and asks for my Primary Password. I type it in and click go, and it seems to take the Password and continue. But after that it is no longer taking input from the MacPro Built in Keyboard. The track pad navigation works fine, but I am unable to click on any box or input any text?? I use Firefox on my other Macs and Phone, but it will not work on this computer. BTW, I recently added Firefox to this computer and it seemed to work find the first couple of times.

Gefragt von rkomisar1 vor 6 Tagen

PDF radio buttons all selected on printout

Hello, I have a pdf with two either/or Radio Buttons that will deselect one button when the other is checked. It works properly when the pdf is loaded in Firefox when you… (Lesen Sie mehr)

Hello, I have a pdf with two either/or Radio Buttons that will deselect one button when the other is checked. It works properly when the pdf is loaded in Firefox when you click on both buttons to test them out. However, when you go to print the pdf after having checked both they will both be checked on the printed version (be it a new pdf export or physical print). This has only started happening within the past week or two. And this does not happen in Chrome or Edge. Please help. Thank you.

Gefragt von st31283511 vor 6 Tagen

Trying to get the DOM in firefox console

Firefox returns what I think that the window object when I write document in the Firefox console to get the source code. I was trying to get the HTML in the console like … (Lesen Sie mehr)

Firefox returns what I think that the window object when I write document in the Firefox console to get the source code. I was trying to get the HTML in the console like Chrome. I'm learning to program and don't know where else to ask. I'm going to let you some pictures, maybe you can understand better. the picture is the return when I write document in the firefox console. sorry, I can't explain better but I'm late to work.

Gefragt von arveloarias vor 6 Tagen

Autoplay is blocked when opening link in New Tab without switching to it

So, despite selecting "Allow Audio and Video" in the Site Preferences, "AUTOPLAY BLOCKED" continues to show on a tab, and it only goes away once I access the tab. This pa… (Lesen Sie mehr)

So, despite selecting "Allow Audio and Video" in the Site Preferences, "AUTOPLAY BLOCKED" continues to show on a tab, and it only goes away once I access the tab. This particularly happens on Youtube media.

You may find attached to this question an image of my about:config settings.

What further can be done to fix this?

Gefragt von icywiddow vor 1 Woche

Letzte Antwort von icywiddow vor 6 Tagen

And Firefox is a "good deal" . . .?

So, here's how CenturyLink responded to my recent "cry for help" (as Rick Astley sang . . .). I am sorry to hear of the issues you faced trying to find an email address f… (Lesen Sie mehr)

So, here's how CenturyLink responded to my recent "cry for help" (as Rick Astley sang . . .).

I am sorry to hear of the issues you faced trying to find an email address for CenturyLink. There is a known issue with Firefox not working with our website. The best way to access our website is by using Google Chrome and making sure the pop up blockers are not activated. Unfortunately, as the issue is with the Firefox browser, there is nothing we can do to fix that issue.

Well, guess it's time . . . after all these years . . . to rethink my interest in Firefox, eh?

Gefragt von Hikermann vor 6 Tagen

Restore firefox session questions

A few days ago I opened my monitor and was greeted by Firefox, already open, with the session erased. No clue how or why. I found this thread [restore firefox session]. … (Lesen Sie mehr)

A few days ago I opened my monitor and was greeted by Firefox, already open, with the session erased. No clue how or why.

I found this thread [restore firefox session]. Very helpful.

I solved the problem by copying the latest upgrade.jsonlz4 file in the sessionstore-backups folder, renaming the copy as sessionstore.lsonlz4, renamed the original to sessionstoreold.jsonlz4, and replaced it with the copy in the main profile foider. It worked fine.

The only problem was the backup file was 2-3 days old, so there is a disparity between the content of the latest erased session, and the tabs from the backup.

I'm confused why there wouldn't be a backup created whenever the browser is closed, or something to that effect.

Is there no way to increase the frequency of created backups, and the quantity of of theses backups?

Gefragt von noel_envode vor 1 Woche

Letzte Antwort von noel_envode vor 6 Tagen