Ever since upgrading to windows 11 firefox developer edition will not work for me at all. I have reinstalled it multiple times now and every single time its the same th… (Lesen Sie mehr)
Ever since upgrading to windows 11 firefox developer edition will not work for me at all.
I have reinstalled it multiple times now and every single time its the same thing, after a fresh install I can open the browser, use it once, close the browser and then it breaks and I am unable to use it again - sometimes i cant even open it up again it creates a background process in the task manager but never appears.
- - None of the tabs will load anything at all including any of the settings pages or debug/troubleshooting page (about:<page>) - its like it doesnt even attempt to load anything its completely unresponsive
- - Clicking on any buttons in firefox/options menu do nothing
- - If i close it i see between 2-10 firefox processes appear in my task manager which i have to go through and end each task before i am able to open the browser up again and even then that doesnt always work.
- - Because it opens a bunch of processes when you close the browser and this prevents it from re-opening it is not possible to put it into troubleshooting mode
- - Even after a fresh install (described below) after re-installing the browser it always opens for the first time with a message saying that 'I have reinstalled firefox would i like to refresh the browser' with a button to refresh - If i click this refresh button it instantly breaks it
In order to fix this I have to completely remove firefox from my machine including:
- - Everything in my users folder
- - Everything in program files/programdata
- - Search my C:\ drive and remove all traces of mozilla/firefox i can find
- - Clear all temp files
- - Run a disk cleanup
- - Restart my machine
Before i can attempt to install firefox again. If i dont do this after i reinstall it opens firefox up in exactly the same state it was in before i uninstalled it, same tabs open & completely unresponsive.