I was a former IT person for decades and used Firefox because I love it. But lately, it isn't usable for me. Seemingly happened out of nowhere within the past few we… (Lesen Sie mehr)
I was a former IT person for decades and used Firefox because I love it. But lately, it isn't usable for me. Seemingly happened out of nowhere within the past few weeks.
I tried all the troubleshooting steps in the guides on your support forum, but nothing worked. So I tried the following:
1. Uninstalled Firefox using Windows Uninstaller
2. Deleted every single Mozilla folder from within the user profile to the program files folders, local roaming folders, etc. - EVERYTHING.
3. Went into the Windows Registry and also deleted Mozilla folders within the local machine and current user folders.
4. Rebooted computer
5. Went to Getfirefox.com and reinstalled Firefox.
6. Logged into a brand spanking new Firefox installation
Still SLOW as molasses. Frustrating. I can't work. It is literally 4x slower than any other browser now. I use Firefox for 90% of my web stuff, the other browsers 10% of the time for testing. But as it goes now, I cannot use Firefox anymore after decades of using it.
Anything else I can try? Maybe I missed something when I scrubbed it and reinstalled? Why suddenly is it this slow? Any ideas?
I will try next to log into a different Windows profile I guess and see if that improves it. Maybe my Windows profile is jacked up, although, I thought removing all Mozilla folders from within my Windows profile would be enough, so I am not so sure that will fix it. I will try though.
Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.