Everytime I change my privacy settings, it never stays which is an issue because I can't use Gmail since my cookie settings never stay on.
I only want to use Firefox, but for the longest time I've had to keep Chrome as a backup browser because that is the only way I can view my gmail account. I want to view it on Firefox, but a cookies issue won't let me. Every time I go into my privacy settings and change it to custom, it never stays. I will change it, and immediately go back to the privacy settings and notice that my last changes haven't been saved. I reset my Firefox to factory settings, as well as started my Firefox in safe mode and tried to see if add-ons would be causing an issue (they weren't, as add-ons are disabled in safe mode and gmail still wouldn't let me in...). How can I make my privacy settings stay permanently to my custom settings please? I would very much like to get rid of chrome and only use Firefox.
Mehr Details zum System
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.154 Safari/537.36
You can try to delete the cookies.sqlite and permissions.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder.
You can use this button to go to the currently used Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Director: Show Folder (Linux: Open Director; Mac: Show in Finder)
You can inspect and manage the permissions for the domain in the currently selected tab via these steps:
- Click the "Site Identity Button" (globe/padlock) on the location bar
- Click "More Information" to open "Tools > Page Info" with the Security tab selected
- Go to the Permissions tab (Tools > Page Info > Permissions) to check the permissions for the domain in the currently selected tab
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.
Hi Gunale, Are you using a stored password? Security and passwords settings