When I switch the email account the signature is not swithed
I use several diferent email accounts with Thunderbird. I want the signature to switch once I change the account I'm answering from. Yesterday Thunderbird asked me how it should behave when I switch the account I'm answering from. I said 'remember my answer' and than pressed the wrong button. How can I undo this (without reseting all my settings)
Mehr Details zum System
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.117 Safari/537.36
Signatures are per account. Each account has it's own. This may be modified if your using an add-on for signatures.
Given I do not understand what you have said about defaults and remembering things, I assume your using an add-on.
Tools menu (alt + T) > Add-ons. What add-ons do you have installed.
They are also listing in the troubleshooting information on the help menu . (alt + H)
There are also settings for signatures that you can set for each account. If you click on the name of the account in the left bar, a page will show up with Accounts, Email .... and under email you can view the settings for the account. The item "Composition and Addressing" has the settings how to configure signatures. It is possible to make sure they are different there as well.
Ok. I seems I did not explain very well. I do not use any add-ons
1) I use several diferent email account - each one configured with a specific signature / f.i. email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Sometimes I receive an email in email@example.com but I want to answer from firstname.lastname@example.org so the conversation goes on with me - instead of entering into general...
3) When I switch between the account I'm answering from (general-->myname) the signature should switch also from general --> myname.
4) This generaly worked but last time I did this Thunderbird asked me how it should behave --> if it should stick with the original signature from the original account I received the email (general) - OR - if it should switch to the signature of the account I just selected (myname)
I checked "remember my answer" and than hit the button that means DONT CHANGE SIGNATURE IF YOU CHANGE EMAIL ACCOUNTS.
Thats what I'm trying to undo.
Thanks for any help.
Sorry - it actually was an add-on calle Stationary. It never had this option before and I did not read very carefully when I answered the question. Thanks again for your help