How can I remove DuckDuckGo completely from Firefox? It is not listed in addons.
I have tried a number of ways and it is still there. Can you tell me how to get rid of DuckDuckGo completely from Firefox 22.0? Thank you. It is not a listed add-on to be easily removed. Duck logo is next to home icon in browser, and intrudes on google search, etc. Thanks for your help.
Mehr Details zum System
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
You can delete a possible hijack of user.js, read the link below for more.
and delete (if necessary) duckduck go from the search bar.
1. go to your tools at the top of the Firefox browser 2. pick Add-ons 3. Pick extensions 4. Disable, and or remove Duck Duck Go
Geändert am von T Y Thomas Jr
I had the same problem. Could not find a DuckDuckGo extension in my list of extensions. Opened the Profiles folder and checked every sub-folder. In one I found two files labeled DuckDuckGo. Move both to the trash and restarted Firefox. The DuckDuckGo search box was gone - replaced by a Google search box. That's what I wanted.
I've been trying for days to get rid of this......I've used Firefox for years....but now it's time to move on to CHROME sorry but this is a VIRUS PURE and SIMPLE BYE BYE
DuckDuckGo is a search engine.
See this - Remove a search engine