Unresponsive scripts still, even in safe mode!
Hello, I have been having the Unresponsive Script warnings for what is probably going on a year or so now, and it's getting increasingly difficult to use my computer. I'm not hugely technical with my computer, but I do know some, and have fixed many many problems before, even fixing my computer from a devestating malware virus a couple years ago myself, using only information from the internet. Which is why I find it so infuriating that I cannot find ANY answer to help me with this problem.
Here is some of what I get in a day or so:
Script: resource://gre/modules/XPCOMUtils.jsm:327 Script: chrome://mozapps/content/handling/dialog.js:217 Script: https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/yq/r/ycIol0j_v6_.js:83 Script: https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/yJ/r/Y_N-WoV7wHf.js:113 Script: resource://gre/components/nsBlocklistService.js:771 Script: resource://services-common/preferences.js:375 Script: https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/yq/r/ycIol0j_v6_.js:61 Script: https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/yg/r/EBXWafY_iCw.js:60 Script: chrome://global/content/bindings/text.xml:39 Script: resource://gre/components/nsBlocklistService.js:771 Script: https://www.google.ca/xjs/_/js/k=xjs.s.en_US.l3EGKs4A4V8.O/m=c,sb,cr,cdos,jp,tbui,mb,cfm,str,kp,lu,m,tnv,hv,lc,ob,prw,r,sf,sfa,tbpr,hsm,pcc,csi/am=wA/rt=j/d=1/sv=1/rs=AItRSTPykpoFa5KBzk1U6LafAMpzPobqCw:900 Script: https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/yN/r/yWtjzXDcUXL.js:37 Script: resource://gre/modules/XPCOMUtils.jsm:327 Script: resource://gre/modules/DownloadLastDir.jsm:80 Script: https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/yN/r/yWtjzXDcUXL.js:34 Script: https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/yN/r/yWtjzXDcUXL.js:83
Most of the time it's Facebook that's giving me a problem, but it does it on other websites too. Without going into tons and tons of detail, I have basically tried EVERYTHING I can do on my own. I have searched this problem for months and months, and always come back with nothing helpful. I tried FF safemode in the past day or two, and it occurs there as well. I have tried everything from changing dom.max_script_run_time default, I've tried Greasemonkey, I've disabled, enabled, and disabled every script I had, I've reset FF, I've turned off the hardware accelerator, etc, etc, etc. I can't even tell you everything else that I've done because it's been such an ongoing problem. I am to the point now, that I am not going on the computer for days (even though I have things to do) because I don't want to be on it for 6 hours at a time. I want to check facebook every day for about 30 minutes, to read my mail, and chat with my friends, but it turns out to be a lesson in frustration, and I've learned to play classical music when on my computer because it calms me down. Waiting 3 hours just to check your facebook is increadibly inconvenient; something that I did at the library in 10 minutes. It doesn't just happen on FB, but that's the MAIN culprit. My Shockwave Flash also crashes ALL the time, and I've updated it several times. I've tried everything, and I just can't win. If this continues, I'm giving up on FF. I love FF. I want to use it. It used to be the best thing ever. But now, I can't do it anymore.. my patience is so stretched, that I am just done. I am OBVIOUSLY not the only one with this problem, as there seems to be a million questions on the internet about this problem, and NOBODY can give a straight answer. WHY?? FF you can do better than this! You MUST solve this problem! It's affecting so many people out there! Sincerely, M
Ps.. I have a PC, Windows XPPro, FF22.0, and I had YesScript 1.9, Personas Plus 1.7,2.1, and Status-4-Evar 2013.02.16.23 (But all have been removed with the FF Reset) and none of them were the culprit because I disabled them a while ago, and still had the problem day after day.
Thank you for your help :)
Geändert am von cor-el
Mehr Details zum System
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.5"
- DivX Plus Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
the problem is the flash player, not firefox. To fix the problem:
1. to go to a website that have a flash video, such as youtube 2. right click on the video then select "global settings", this will open up the flash player setting manager 3. click on the advance tab 4. under "browsing data and settings", click "Delete All".
that is it , u will notice firefox wil run smoothly once again. if after some time firefox slow responding again, just do the same thing to fix it. goodluck!!!
I have been getting same thing,
The string and js: number at the end change, this happens to me if I run grease monkey script Wall Manager in Facebook. I heard that last summer Firefox and Facebook did something jointly and that's when mine started acting up. No solution yet, but still looking. It's a silent hang.
Hi john3713, if the problem only occurs when the Wall Manager script is enabled, have you found any support from the script author?
If it's the "FB Wall Manager" script, I'd try here: http://fbwm.wikia.com/wiki/Fbwm_Wiki