Dieses Thema wurde archiviert. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie Hilfe benötigen.
Can't sync data from a Vista pc with FF 16.0.2 to 2nd pc running Wind-7 FF 17.0.1.
I tried to sync from a Vista 32 bit pc running FF 16.0.2 to a new pc with Windows 7 64 bit and FF 17.0.1. It did not work. Is it more likely to be the OS difference or the FF version difference that prevented the sync from happening ? If the FF version difference is the problem, can I update to version 17 on the older Vista pc (the origin pc) with out wiping out all my original settings (bookmarks, tabs, etc) that I wish to transfer to the new pc ?
Alle Antworten (3)
- Firefox Sync doesn't work from one PC to another, the Sync server sits in the middle.
- Sync works across all Operating Systems which the Firefox and the Sync service are compatible with - which is virtually everything except iOS and non-Android phones.
- Did you set up Sync on both "devices"?
I read all the documentation at the beginning. I synced the origin pc to store the data on the server. When I enter the 12 char code on the "Pair a device" screen, I got nothing. So I was not sure if these differences were a problem. I was setting up the new pc and did not directly from step1 to step2 in the sync process. I will try it again with a new code.
Both devices need to be online at the same time if you want to pair a device with the (3x4) 12-character code and sync needs to be set up and working on at least one (desktop) computer to get a 12-character code via that computer and enter that code on the other device (computer) to pair that device.
Enter the account name (email address) and password and the 26-character Sync key manually to connect to an existing sync account instead of using the 12-character code to pair a device.
- open "Tools > Options > Sync" or "Firefox > Set Up Sync"
- click "Set Up Firefox Sync" to go to "Firefox Sync Setup"
- click "I Have an Account" : Connect
- click "I don't have the device with me" at the bottom to enter the account settings (email, password, sync key)