Dieses Thema wurde archiviert. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie Hilfe benötigen.
links, URLs & bookmarks open in same tab -- not separate tabs so i left ff 17 for FF 16
no matter how i configure the tabs setting in firefox (open links and new windows in a new tab) , all links, URLs and bookmarks open in the same tab, instead of as separate tabs, unless i first open a new tab and then select/enter the link, URL or bookmark.
for this reason, i ALWAYS use Tab Mix Plus extension...this has mastered the use of tabbed browsing and is very easy to set up and keep up...i dont have to open blank tabs first and TMP has other options too...
i just downgraded from FF 17 to FF 16 bc Tab Mix Plus doesnt work with FF 17 and i wont have my browsing hindered by FF inability to make their tabs work...
btw, i always revert to a previous version of FF until Tab Mix Plus is updated to work with the current FF upgrade...
Alle Antworten (2)
i just downgraded from FF 17 to FF 16 bc Tab Mix Plus doesnt work with FF 17
The development version of Tab Mix Plus works with Firefox 17.
no matter how i configure the tabs setting in firefox (open links and new windows in a new tab) , all links, URLs and bookmarks open in the same tab
There's no option in Firefox to open all links in a separate tab.
- You can open a link in a new tab by middle-clicking the link, holding down the Ctrl key while left-clicking the link, or right-clicking and choosing Open in a New Tab.
- Links in app tabs will always open in a new tab. For details, see App Tabs.
- If the site requests opening the link in a new window via the target attribute, it will open in a new tab unless “Open new windows in a new tab instead” is unchecked. For details, see Tab preferences and settings.
- The way links from other applications open is also controlled by the above option.
- Pop-up windows will always open as separate windows rather than tabs.
gingerbread man...thank u fa ur response..
i love firefox and have used it fa years maybe since it first came out...but i hate how it manages tabs which is why i use tab mix plus...
i use an ID vault to store my accounts and passwords so that i only have to click there to open any of my sites...without tab mix plus, each one opens in the same tab so that it hinders my surfing...
am only mentioning this bc i really hope firefox somehwo either reworks their tab management or maybe make tab mix plus a default part of firefox fa all their upgrades...
right clicking on a link to open in a new tab is just another step in surfin and while it might not seem like much, when u use ID protectors to open links and wanna open ur main sites at once, it really does slow me down...
anyway...i do thank u for ur response...u explained everything very well and ima upgrade now to ff17 and try th TMP develpoment version...thats the best news cuz i do like to have th most current version of FF... -g-
Geändert am von desertvoice