how do I add a security ecception for paypal.com please
I can't get a paypal site to load due to a secutity block. I need to add paypal to my secure sites. I am sick of going through this.
Mehr Details zum System
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
hello marilynj01, could you sepcify what this "secutity block" is stating exactly or maybe add a screenshot? is it the "This Connection is Untrusted" error page? in this case it would be important to know what kind of error code is shown under technical details on that page... this page is there for a reason and you should be very cautious, especially because it's a site where you handle financial transactions.
It should never be necessary to add an exception for such major sites.
You can retrieve the certificate and check details like who issued certificates and expiration dates of certificates.
- Click the link at the bottom of the error page: "I Understand the Risks"
Let Firefox retrieve the certificate: "Add Exception" -> "Get Certificate".
- Click the "View..." button and inspect the certificate and check who is the issuer.
You can see more Details like intermediate certificates that are used in the Details pane.
Check the date and time in the clock on your computer: (double) click the clock icon on the Windows Taskbar.
You can also try to rename the cert8.db file in the Firefox profile folder to cert8.db.old or delete the cert8.db file to remove intermediate certificates that Firefox has stored.
If that helped to solve the problem then you can remove the renamed cert8.db.old file. Otherwise you can rename (or copy) the cert8.db.old file to cert8.db to restore the previous intermediate certificates. Firefox will automatically store intermediate certificates when you visit websites that send such a certificate.
If that didn't help then remove or rename secmod.db (secmod.db.old) as well.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder