Firefox 17 incredibly slow
Updated today and feel like I am on a 300 baud modem. No other changes.
Any new settings or tweaks I should know? I can;t browse as it is and either need a fix or need to roll back to 16.
Mehr Details zum System
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.527
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
Trouble shooting information will not even open!
Please see this.
Thanks, but I would sooner downgrade than do a reset. I did PM that I would help test to find the problem though.
Thank you very much :)
To illustrate the problem on Windows XP, do Ctrl-Alt-Del to get the Windows Task Manager, Processes tab. Sort by CPU. Then note the "System Idle Process" - perhaps 98% - versus Firefox with the mouse cursor over the WTM. Then watch the CPU be grabbed by Firefox as you move the mouse cursor over the Firefox browser. 40%? Really? Just for the mouse? Something is really wrong with Firefox!
Can anyone speak to this?
I can tell you I removed 17 and went back to 16.2 to get rid of this issue, but 18 is faster and more stable than any release I have seen before.
> faster Not for me! I removed V17 and downloaded 18. TFirefox jumps to 49% cpu usage sometimes when I hover the mouse over the browser.
I will add this information to the open Mozilla-Bugzilla bug: Bug 711845 - display extremely slow when mouse hover links