When updating windows 7 i get error code 80072ee2. What is it and how do i fix it?
When updating windows 7 I get the following response: Windows could not search for updates An error occurred while checking for updates for your computer error(s) found code 80072ee2 windows encountered an unknown error
click here to get help with this error
When I do this - get help - the "fix" doesn't fix it and I eventually come back to this same window
The last time I was able to update windows 7 was in December 2011.
This same problem has happened before but the "fix" fixed it some time.
I get the same error when I open internet explorer.
Mehr Details zum System
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.1
I don't know the exact fix for your problem, but there is a thread on the Microsoft answers page that talks about this error message being related to a particular key.
And if you remove that key, you can fix Windows update. See below for the detailed information and scroll to the bottom to see where someone found the fix: