I have downloaded the latest version of Firefox, but when I go into Firefox I get prompt that I am using a old version.
When I click on the Firefox icon of my. MacBook, I get a triangle information symbol that tells me that the version I am using is old. I have downloaded the new version several times, but I still the message the next time I click on the Firefox icon.
Mehr Details zum System
Immer wenn Firefox geöffnet wird
Das begann, als…
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 220.127.116.11
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100701 Firefox/3.5.11
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then easiest is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the disk image (dmg) file to the desktop
- Firefox 9.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data if you uninstall and (re)install Firefox.