When I try to put new download into Apps folder, I'm told it can't load b/c I am currently running Firefox, but I'm not -- no internet was happening at all. I tried 3x.
(I had already downloaded the new version.)
Mehr Details zum System
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Yahoo! Installer Plug-in provides application installation support
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100701 Firefox/3.5.11
Make sure are you using Firefox 7?
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then easiest is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the disk image (dmg) file to the desktop
- Firefox 7.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data if you uninstall and (re)install Firefox.
Thanks! I will try your suggestion.