crashes with google maps
recently every time I use google maps firefox crashes. This never happened before a couple weeks ago. It is every time now. I have version 3.0.19 and have had it for some time now.
Mehr Details zum System
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Photodex Presenter Plugin 4,00,0,2442
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Default Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2060
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Google Update
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/2010031422 Firefox/3.0.19 XF_mmhpset (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I have this problem every time I go to street view and then try to move the view by clicking the on screen arrow. I can rotate the view fine but cannot eg move a bit along a road to change view angle, crashes every time. Using Windows 7 64 bit Firefox 3.0.19
So other people have had the experience of Google Maps making Firefox crash. It now does it every time so I have to use Chrome: but it is a drag so how do you fix it on Firefox? Uninstall and reinstall?
Geändert am von johanlon
Its WebGL thats causing it to crash. I went into about:config and disabled WebGL. That fixed it. Best not to choose MapsGL option on the maps.google.com until Firefox fixes this bug.