I loaded a jZip programme, now whenever I start Firefox it open with the jZip search page and I can't permanently change the home page to my own selection. How can I get rid of theis iZip home page
I have tried all the optons to change the home page, but when I exit from Firefox and restart, it will revert to the iZip search engine home page. I even deleted the izip search engine reference from the searchplugin directory but with no success
Mehr Details zum System
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Contribute Firefox IBE Plugin DLL
- Winamp Application Detector
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- ABR_AUSkey Plugin Mozilla Component
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r52
- CSI Plugin Mozilla Component
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
You can open the about:config page via the location bar and do a search for jzip via the Filter at the top of the about:config page.
You can reset all jzip related prefs via the right-click context menu to their default values.
To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website.
If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.
You can use the Filter bar at to top of the about:config page to locate a pref more easily.
Tried that remedy, but without success. In the end I had to go to control panel and uninstalled 2 instances of the jZip programme, re-performed cor-el solution, re-installed Firefox over the top of existing program . success. I then re-installed jZip with care to install a custom installation without references to web browser installations
I know this post is a bit old but I just downloaded this dumb thing today as I never had a problem with it before and I did choose custom and it still got me!!!!