After installing Java Console 6.0.25, I cannot uninstall Java Console 6.0.24
I am running XP SP3 with Firefox 4.0.1
I just installed Java Console 6.0.25 and noticed that Java Console 6.0.24 was not uninstalled. It remains listed in my add-ons as being disabled. There is no button to uninstall it.
I checked XP's Add/Remove programs and Java Console 6.0.24 is not listed.
Mehr Details zum System
- Qualys BrowserCheck Plugin 18.104.22.168
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1240
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_25 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
The other thing is that when Java notifies me that an update is available, I am always involved in doing something else and I don't want to deal with the update for fear of losing what I am working on. I have never been able to say - not now, I'll deal with that later - IOW, I haven't figured out how to postpone the update or put it "on hold" like what can be done with Firefox updates. Hell, if it wasn't for the advanced features I use in OpenOffice, I wouldn't even miss Java in Firefox.
Geändert am von the-edmeister
I thought I would add my results I got today to this thread. Knowing that I had a few rogue Java Console's in my extension listing (about:addons), I uninstalled Java using the Windows Add/Remove Programs before installing the latest Java update (6.0.26). After uninstalling Java I ran Firefox (6.0) and looked at the listed extensions. The following was still listed in the extension listing (as disabled/incompatible):
Java Console 6.0.20
Java Console 6.0.21
Java Console 6.0.22
After reading this thread I closed Firefox went to ...\Mozilla Firefox\extensions and "deleted" by moving the following folders (Java currently not installed):
After restarting Firefox the Java Console 6.0.2X listings were gone from the extension listing. I then closed Firefox and installed Java 6.0.26. When done the new Java was the only one listed in the extension window and all seems to be working. It's listed as disabled and incompatible with Firefox 6.0 but I think that is an issue for another thread :-)
Hope this helps someone out there. If for no other purpose to add additional Java Console versions that would cause a hit when searched for.