How can I disable local file access security check?
Windows 7 Firefox 3.6.16 I would like to disable the security check used for blocking access to local files.
Mehr Details zum System
Immer wenn Firefox geöffnet wird
Das begann, als…
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- Contribute Firefox IBE Plugin DLL
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)
I would like to disable the security check used for blocking access to local files.
Thank you cor-el. I found this information very usefull in helping me decide the best solution to accessing local files.
I don't know if this is completely correct, but...
I have the NoScript extension installed. When I looked in about:config, I found an entry called:
When I toggled this to "true," I was able to navigate via URLs to local and networked files.
When I looked it up, I found out that you can set this switch using the NoScript UI (Options|Advanced|Trusted).
Geändert am von MyUsernameHere
This was working fine, but I just upgraded to v.12 and it stopped working. I keep all my bookmarks on a webserver, including local links. How can I restore local links?