I cannot uninstall or disable the 'New' Yahoo Tool Bar. It had either concealed or removed the Firefox menu tabs that include the 'Tools' Tab, so the normal 'Uninstall' or 'Disable' instructions cannot be used.
This is a major problem. In response to my post on our computer club website, I learned that another individual in our computer club has had the same difficulty in that they, too, are unable to uninstall or disable the Yahoo tool bar.
I am running Firefox 3.6.8 on a computer using Win XP Pro, SP3.
Mehr Details zum System
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I have tried everything I could think of to remove this monster. If I cannot get rid of it, I will be forced to switch to IE.
I have run CCleaner and Malware Bytes with the hope that one of these would kill the Beast -- without success. I also uninstalled Firefox and re-installed it Twice -- no luck. I did a search of my hard drive for Yahoo Too Bar with the hope that I could learn where it is lurking with the thought that I might be able to delete it if I could find it -- again without success. I also tried to remove the Yahoo Tool Bar by running the 'Add or Remove Programs' in the Windows Control Panel, but the Yahoo Tool Bar is not included in the listing of programs available for removal.
See Restore the Menu bar in Firefox, that should hopefully restore the menu bar.
Once the menu bar is restored, you can if you wish uninstall the Yahoo toolbar.
Geändert am von TonyE