Firefox randomly "highlites" the typed text in form while typing, thus overwriting the information 1 character at a time.
When typing into a form, (ie a zipcode) you will begin typing amd the character you typed will highlight/select it self. Your next keystroke erases and the new character appears. For example. typing in the zip code 12345, would reult in the 5 showing up in the box.
A few times a week
== Installation Linux10-4
Mehr Details zum System
- -Xine Plugin version 1.0.2, (c) The Xine Project.Windows Media Player / RealPlayer / QuickTime compatible.
- Picasa plugin
- The Totem 2.30.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- The Totem 2.30.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- The IcedTea NPR Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea6 1.8 (6b18-1.8-4ubuntu3)) executes Java applets.
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100723 Ubuntu/10.04 (lucid) Firefox/3.6.8
*-Xine Plugin version 1.0.2, (c) The Xine Project.Windows Media Player / RealPlayer / QuickTime compatible.
It's possible that you are having a problem with some Firefox add-on that is hindering your Firefox's normal behavior. Have you tried disabling all add-ons (just to check), to see if Firefox goes back to normal?
Whenever you have a problem with Firefox, whatever it is, you should make sure it's not caused by one (or more than one) of your installed add-ons, be it an extension, a theme or a plugin. To do that easily and cleanly, run Firefox in safe mode (don't forget to select Disable all add-ons when you start safe mode). If the problem disappears, you know it's from an add-on. Disable them all in normal mode, and enable them one at a time until you find the source of the problem. See this article for information about troubleshooting extensions and themes and this one for plugins.
If you need support for one of your add-ons, you'll have to contact its author.
If the problem is not disappears when all add-ons are disabled, please tell me, so we can work from there. Please have no fear of following my instructions to the line, as all can be easily undone.