Find bar does not come up using either Ctrl-F or Edit menu
My Find bar isn't coming up, whether I use Ctrl-F or click on Edit--Find. How can I get it back?
Not sure how often
== just today
I found the solution. Apparently, the window was minimized, but large enough to make me think it was full size. Once I maximized the screen, the Find menu appeared.Diese Antwort im Kontext lesen 2
Mehr Details zum System
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100315 Firefox/3.5.9 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
AddThis 3.0.1; Delicious Bookmarks 2.1.072; Drag & Drop.io 2.0.1; HPSmartWebPrinting 4.6; LinkedIn Companion for Firefox 3.2.1; MicrosoftNet Framework Assistant1.2.1; Norton IPS 1.0; Norton Toolbar 3.7.2; Reload Every 3.6.3; Zotero 2.0.2; Zotero OpenOffice Integration 3.0a7
Do you have that problem when running in the Firefox SafeMode? http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode Don't select anything right now, just use "Continue in SafeMode."
I found the solution. Apparently, the window was minimized, but large enough to make me think it was full size. Once I maximized the screen, the Find menu appeared.
It is possible that the screen is too high and that the status bar and scroll bar fall off at the bottom.
Open the system menu via Alt+Space and see if you can resize that window. See also http://kb.mozillazine.org/Resizing_oversize_window