Firefox automatically loads certain websites' mobile phone version.
Gawker sites (io9, lifehacker, gizmodo, etc.) are automatically loaded as mobile versions. Browser cache is cleared, firefox has no extensions or addons. 5 minutes prior to the problem arrising, everything was OK. Nothing was installed, nothing changed. Seems my firefox thinks my laptop is a phone.
URL of affected sites
Mehr Details zum System
- -EA Battlefield Heroes Updater
- D'Fusion Web Plugin (2.00.7293.0)
- Default Plug-in
- Contribute Firefox IBE Plugin DLL
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- myVR 3D Framework
- Google Update
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100315 Firefox/3.5.9 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I've got the exact same issue in 3.7a5pre with http://www.articsilver.com/
I have the same problem with sites like Formula1.com
Same prob here. Gmail and goole maps is loaded as mobile version.
What is mozilla doing about this issue?
Now I have to use IE 8. Thanks!
Firefox sux arse!
And still nothing has been done or said about this issue.
Well I'm glad to see mozzila commited.
I guess it's time to move on to greener pastures, fcuk firefox!! I've had enough!
Anything else ?
Problem still exists in 3.7a6pre latest nightly build as of 6/14/2010 10:05 am EDT.
"Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now" "Remove the Cookies" from sites that cause problems: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes). See Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems and Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems --- You can also try "Reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window - See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Resetting_preferences
Have solution : type about:config in url, filter "useragent" and reset the general.useragent.extra.firefox works for me
I have tried all of the suggestion and nothing works. Does not happen with Chrome, but I cannot switch due to work. I cannot work with these mobile pages. Seriously losing time and money. Please help. Ff 5.0 on Win7 64bit laptop. Here are current useragent settings (Status default for all):
Geändert am von ccat11