transferring Firefox bookmarks and login info from a Time Machine backup
I recently "downgraded" from macOS Ventura back to macOS Monterey on my 2019 Macbook Pro. Is there a way to migrate all the Firefox bookmarks and login/password info that I had prior to the downgrade? I made a complete backup of the computer prior to the downgrade, but I can't find any folders with this info on the backup, just the Firefox application. I didn't make the .html or .csv files of the bookmarks or login info prior to the downgrade--didn't think it would require such steps to migrate the old info.
Alle Antworten (1)
The Firefox profile folder with the random name (default-release.xxxxxxxx) is normally in a hidden location in ~/Library.
Primary location used for the main profile that keeps your personal data (Root Directory on about:profiles).
- ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins) and key4.db (encryption key/primary password) for logins saved in the Password Manager
- cert9.db for certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)