Closed Tabs returning!
I have Firefox set to re-open with any tabs; that were open when it was closed; restored. Six months ago I had a crash and Firefox correctly re-opened with the three Tabs that I had open when I had the crash. Over time, and many sessions, I closed the original three and used many others. However every week or so, and totally at random, it re-opens the original three. I have found it impossible to get rid of them. Any suggestions please?
Alle Antworten (3)
You can check the sessionstore-backups folder in the Firefox profile folder for older copies of previous and recovery files and sessionstore files at the main level.
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page (Root directory).
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
You will normally find these files in the sessionstore-backups folder:
- previous.jsonlz4 (cleanBackup: copy of sessionstore.jsonlz4 from previous session that was loaded successfully)
- recovery.jsonlz4 (latest version of sessionstore.jsonlz4 written during runtime)
- recovery.baklz4 (previous version of sessionstore.jsonlz4 written during runtime)
- upgrade.jsonlz4-<build_id> (backup created during an upgrade of Firefox)
You can copy a file from the sessionstore-backups folder to the main profile and rename the file to sessionstore.jsonlz4 to replace the current file with Firefox closed.
- make sure to backup the current sessionstore.jsonlz4
Many thanks for your reply. Despite your very clear instructions I am unsure what files should actually replace, especially as the problem goes back six months or so. Just my lack of knowledge!
Additional information. The three rogue tabs appeared again an hour ago. I closed them. I have just refreshed one of my current open tags and the three have promptly re-appeared! Firefox has been open throughout.