"Show all History"
When i select the "show all history" on the drop down history menu nothing happens. It used to but no longer does anything. Why not and how do i restore that feature so it will show me the History?
Alle Antworten (2)
"Show All History" should open the Library window (bookmarks and history manager). Can you open the history in the sidebar (Command+H) ? Can you open the Library via the "Command+Shift+H" or "Command+Shift+O" shortcut?
If you use Sync then best is to disconnect Sync temporarily during troubleshooting.
This could be a problem with the places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder.
- use the "Places Database" -> "Verify Integrity" button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page
If errors are reported with "Verify Integrity", close and restart Firefox or reboot and retry.
If "Verify Integrity" cannot repair places.sqlite, rename/remove all places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder with Firefox closed. Firefox will rebuild places.sqlite and restore the bookmarks from the most recent JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder.
- keep a backup copy of places.sqlite in case a new places.sqlite database has to be created
- you lose the history when a new places.sqlite is created
You may have to restore an older bookmarks backup in the bookmarkbackups folder via the Bookmarks Manager (Library).
- Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks -> Import & Backup -> Restore
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page (Root directory).
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
thank you - i can indeed open the history in the sidebar (via the view pull down), and that has solved my immediate issue .. but (Command+H) does not work nor do "Command+Shift+H" or "Command+Shift+O" shortcuts.
thank you again