Win 10 RESET PC: afterwards, I installed latest ver. FF, now logins;pswds;bookmarks are gone
Sorry for asking a question so many others have asked but I am having trouble completing fixes that were suggested.
I do project research with over 25+ websites and can't do without my p/words especially, but also my bookmarks. I just reset my PC Win 10 and as you know this operation cleans out everything but OEM apps.
So, I downloaded latest ver. FF but my passwords and bookmarks aren't there which I actually anticipated.
I read many posts and replie s on how to restore from old Firefox date filesbut I just don't get it (about:support, Help > troubleshooting information). I located my old FF profile easily. OK fine, now what? Instructions said to copy profile but to where? And how, exactly? Do I paste it somewhere?
Another "Reply" said to locate "Local Directory, no root", then click Paste and restart Firefox. Where is Local Directory? Is there a FF restart button?
Just to clarify, is your issue with Firefox resolved now?Diese Antwort im Kontext lesen 👍 0
Alle Antworten (4)
When you reset Windows, did you have the option to save your data?
Sometimes when the browser thinks there is a problem with the profile, it will create a new one.
Look on your desktop. Do you see a folder called; Old Firefox? Look inside. Look for the folder with the latest creation date.
Thanks Fred McD.
It's been a while since you replied to my querie. Sorry for not commenting on your help until now. Life happened.
I managed to figure it out the solution in a very simple way.
All of my passwords , logins and bookmarks were restored from my old Firefox Data folder by doing this:
- I opened the Old Firefox data folder that is on my desktop screen
- I right clicked copy on the most recent date on the list of data shown in the folder
- now I went back to the Firefox main page and typed "about: profile" in the URL Firefox search box (make sure it is the URL search box) and doing that it opened my current Firefox profile folder.
- Then in a clear unoccupied space in the newest (current) Firefox profile folder, I right clicked and hit paste which added the old Firefox data into the current profile folder.
- Finally, I restarted my PC.
- Voila! Everything back to the way my Firefox was before my PC reset was performed.
Just to clarify, is your issue with Firefox resolved now?
Yes, issue is resolved, Paul.